Once you press the New... link the Add Content form and editors are displayed. Don't panic!
Forget all the editor buttons and stuff for a moment . The important things to note are:
- The Title. This is the name you want shown for your new article.
- The Buttons for Saving, Applying and Canceling.
- The Category Selection to select where you want your article to show up.
- There are two Editor windows. Why two? Stuff you write in the top editor shows up all the time while the stuff you write in the second window shows up when the User presses Read More... This really only happens if your article gets published to the front page of the website.
So what you want to do is:
Enter your title.
- Select the Category
- Write your article. Enter the opening paragraph in the top editor and the remaining article in the lower editor.
- Click the Apply button (looks like a check mark) to save your work as you go. Click the Cancel button (looks like a red X) to punt and click the Save button (looks like a diskette) to finish and save your work and exit.
Hints: Try to ignore fancy or even simple formatting to start with. The little editor sucks and it might well drive you crazy as it has many others. You have been warned. Read the topics covering the editor's formatting, inserting links and inserting images later in this section. If you wrote your article in MS Word and want to use Copy/Paste - copy the stuff you want to paste from Word and then paste it using the little clip board button with the W on it.
When you finish your editing and save your article, the webmaster will receive a notice of your submission. After a quick review the article will be published and a note sent to the listserv to let everyone there know of the new content. You can make changes to article you have submitted at anytime.
for your contribution to our club and it's website!